Monday, March 2, 2020

Editing Blog: Choosing The Footage!!!

       We have finally finished filming. Since we’re done filming that means now we have to edit our movie together. Unfortunately, today we aren’t able to meet up and edit due to certain circumstances. I have to help my mom take care of my sister but that doesn’t mean I still could’ve have contributed. When I had spare time I made sure I could try and do some things that would make our editing process smoother. When we filmed we all made sure that each of us had every piece of footage. Seeing that I had everything we filmed I decided to looked over every single thing we shot and decided what I thought would be the best to use for our movie. There was about 213 separate videos of footage to go through. As you can tell, this took a while. Luckily, some of the footage were just scenes we had accidentally recorded.
        I started off with all the scenes that were filmed at my house. These scenes were short and not that complicated so I choose the best ones in my opinion pretty easily. Next, I looked over one of my personal favorite scenes involving our trunk shot. All of them looked nice but I ultimately chose the one that had me doing more with the bag put in the trunk. After that I looked over all the park scenes. Most of them were very straight to the point and we had a lot of excess film in this section however these scenes took me the longest to choose between. After that we’re the scenes filmed at my friends Aarons house which I enjoyed picking from cause I think he’s a great actor. Finally, I looked over the alley scenes which had the most footage and was a pain to look over because it’s essentially our climax so I want the best of the best to be used. That’s all I was able to do today but now I have some information I can present to my group once we start editing. Hopefully the project comes together the way we all hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment