Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Review Blog

      We have now done peer reviewing. My  group and I were in charge of looking over another groups video and assessing it. His movie was about him and his family going out in the water and him getting attacked by a shark. His film was very well done and was very easy to follow. His titles were also placed well and were very visible. There were a couple things I preferably enjoyed his film. I really liked his choice of music. It fit the then hid most was going for which was suspenseful. It wasn’t too loud which is good and it didn’t take away from the plot.  I also enjoyed the ending as it leaves you on a real cliffhanger and actually makes you want to watch everything after the first two minutes.
        His film was pretty well done but I would give some suggestions so that it could become even better. The main issue and really the only issue was the size of the shots. The shots constantly kept changing sizes. In one scene a portion of the scene would be filled up while in the next scene the whole screen would be filled up. So if i were him I would fix it so that each scene was all the same size because it distracted from the plot a little. The first time I watched I didn’t really notice it but after a couple of rewatches it became evident. He also filmed a little too much of the water which I think he should replace with more scenes of him so that he can fill the criteria of shots and angels needed. The fact that he didn’t have all the angles and shots but his film still looked amazing really says how good of a filmmaker he is. With a little bit of reshoots to fix the tad bit of errors he could really make this project incredible. Overall, his plot is incredibly interesting and there are little to no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment