Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Editing Blog: Adding it all Up!

        Today my group and I have officially started editing. Once we all got together we started to do as much as we could. I told them that beforehand I had chosen the best scenes to use in my opinion. Much to my surprise, they had done the same thing. We looked over our opinions together and ultimately decided as a group on the best scenes to use for our editing. After my group and I choose all the footage we started to import it into our editing software. While this was happening I thought of some transitions we could possibly be use. This was a slight thought since my role was mostly to put the scenes together and try and make them flow well. I would say I normally do the best in my group when it comes to editing. Once the footage was imported i started to put them together in order.
        I double checked to make sure the forage we wanted to use was the correct footage placed. I then out in each scene in order one by one. I started with the house scenes and made my way all the way to the alley scenes. After all the footage was placed the movie was around 2 minutes and 40 seconds. I started trimming down certain scenes to try and get it all to fit under 2 minutes. Luckily, a lot of the scenes had some excess in them which allowed us to lower the time. Once the trimming was done the final time was about 2 minutes and 20 seconds. We then thought about any scenes we could take out and ended up collectively deciding on one scene. This cut it down to 2 minutes and 10 seconds but after that we all had to leave to do our own things. Hopefully the next time we edit we’ll get it under 2 minutes, add music, and add our titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment