Thursday, March 19, 2020

Re-edit Blog: Working With What We Have

       A lot can happen in just a couple days. Since the last blog school has now been canceled until April 15th. My dad has basically quarantined me and doesn’t want me going out in fear that i could get the coronavirus. I understand that so that means I won’t be able to reshoot my film. I’m the main actor for it so without me there’s nothing we can really reshoot. I’m now stuck at home and our movie is due on April 9th. What I can do now is try and perfect the film with what we have. I luckily have the movie saved on my phone and my laptop. I still have the other footage we filmed saved on my phone so I went to work with what i had.
         First I imported all the extra footage onto my laptop. I had deleted it from my laptop after the first draft was finished because I assumed I wouldn’t need it anymore. Since my group and I can’t reshoot anything this extra footage might be useful. After it was imported I compared the footage with the clips I had put into the actual movie. I checked to see if any of the extra footage seemed better than the footage I used for the first draft and replaced any that I thought should’ve been replaced. I trimmed down some of the new footage which was placed into the first draft. I then readjusted the titles to make sure they were present on the new scenes and visible throughout the whole movie. I then readjusted the music onto the new scenes that were added. My group and I now have two drafts of our movie and seeing that we’ll be confined in our homes past the due date of our project we can make more drafts and finalize our final movie. For now I’ve worked with what I had and this is how it’ll be like working on this project for the foreseeable future. This all may affect the quality of our film but there’s nothing we can do about it, we’re advised not to go out so we can’t reshoot so we don’t have new footage to reedit.

No comments:

Post a Comment