Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Editing Blog: Finishing Touches

        Now is another day of editing. We had to ask much as we could seeing that pretty soon was our peer review. We all got together and started getting to work. Once we met we tried getting back to where we started but got distracted. My group member Madeline searched for music, my group member Brooke thought of where and what transitions would fit best, and I continued to try and shorten the film. Before all of this though we loaded up the editing software. I made sure our video was still there and was the way we had left it the day before. The video is currently at 2 minutes and 10 seconds and honestly I couldn’t think of which scene to cut out. Trimming wasn’t an option due to the fact that all the excess was already taken out previously.  I decided to change my focus to help my other group members.
       While Madeline looked for music, I gave her my personal feedback on it. Our movie is suspenseful so we focused on that section of music. I told her to make sure the music was free for us to use seeing that’s what we’re allowed to work with. After we found portions of music we all went and looked over it. We effectively looked over it and put it into the film. We worked worked the scenes to see where the music would best fit in. I changed the volume of the music and the actually videos to make sure one wasn’t overtaking the other. I wanted to make sure we still had diegetic sound so I didn’t completely mute all the videos, only the ones that were necessary. Sadly, time up  for us and we couldn’t add our titles. This isn’t a major problem because we’ll jsut we’d them after the peer reviews take place. This is far from how we want our final project to be but we have plenty of time to re-edit and do everything that’s needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment