Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming Blog: The Part Where We Don’t Film

        My group and I were not able to film this past weekend. Everyone in the group lives at least 10 minutes from each other so we just weren’t prepared to film yet. We also needed one of our friend who is our second actor to be present but he couldn’t film either. The ways our schedules all lined up just wouldn’t allow us to really do that much so we decided to wait until next weekend. Since I knew my group wouldn’t be filming I decided to do some other stuff that could relate to the project. For a certain portion of time I decided to go on Netflix and watch more films relating to our genre. I wanted to do a little more research on the Thriller genre and it was an excuse to watch movies. I watched about 3 movies on Netflix and maintained some notes in my mind about certain shots and angles used. I also payed attention to the opening title sequences for some background knowledge for our title sequences. That was essentially all I did this previous weekend since we couldn’t film.
       We plan on filming for the first time for  this project on February 23 which is a Sunday. This world best for us seeing that one of my group members has a job so she won’t be able to film on Friday or Saturday. Sunday is the next possible day that we are all available so we plan on taking full advantage of it. We’ll be filming at my house and around my neighborhood. I’m the main actor and i have a a basic idea of how I’ll be portraying myself in this small two minute opening. Sunday is also ideal for filming because we need time for editing. For our previous projects I’ve been the primary editor, so having a whole week to edit before we have to peer review will be very useful. Obviously, if we have to film on any other days then we will and I’m sure we’ll figure out any possible hurdles. I looked to make sure weather wouldn’t be an issue on that day and it doesn’t seem like it will be and I’m prepared to properly use my neighborhood during this filming process. If we really try our hardest then I believe we’ll get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment